Re: ARM undefined symbols. Again.

From: Russell King
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 06:46:01 EST

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 05:17:53PM +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 03:43:26PM +0000, Russell King wrote:
> > Sam,
> >
> > Where did the hacks go which detect the silent failure of the ARM binutils?
>
> They weant away because it caused lots of troubles with sparc and um.
> Can you use this (untested patch) for arm?

After fixing the obvious problems with this patch, it leaves one remaining.
make vmlinux doesn't invoke this check, and people actually use vmlinux
in the embedded world (even though some of us would prefer them not to.)

Maybe we need an architecture hook or something for post-processing
vmlinux?

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/