Re: 2.6.11-rc3: intel8x0 alsa outputs no sound

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 15:19:30 EST

John M Flinchbaugh wrote:
i'm using a thinkpad r40 w/ intel8x0 sound card. it worked with 2.6.10.

% ogg123 -d alsa09 file.ogg

i can get no sound through either alsa or oss emulation.

it appears to be playing but nothing can be heard. i've poked around at
the mixers for mutes, master, and pcm volume.

I have the same problem and have been posting to other lists and groups without results. Under FC2 my ASUS 1681 had both sound and wireless. With recent kernels, nothing, both FC3 and kernel.org.

If you have system-config-soundcard (ie. FCx) try to configure. I get a response saying the rate locks at 48000 instead 44100 as requested.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc