Re: PROBLEM: 2.6.11-rc2 hangs on bridge shutdown (br0)

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 06:27:31 EST

Herbert Xu wrote:
On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:38:13PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:

It is just the first such thing I found, scanning rt6i_idev uses
will easily find several others.

You're right of course. I thought they were all harmless but I was
obviously wrong about this one.

So here is a patch that essentially reverts the split devices
semantics introduced by these two changesets:
<..>

This patch fixes my problems with hangs when dot1q VLAN interfaces gets removed when loopback is down, as reported in the thread "2.6.10 ipv6/8021q lockup on vconfig on interface removal".

Yay :)