Re: 2.6.10: kswapd spins like crazy

From: Terje Fåberg
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 05:34:15 EST

Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev:

> No none yet, which is what we should get to the
> bottom of. I must be overlooking something, but the
> only ways I can see should be due to transient
> conditions like page locked or under writeback.
> laptop_mode?
>
> Terje, what is /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode set to?

0. I didn't touch any vm-specific options at all.

I just rebooted with your patch. I can _not_ reproduce
the problem until now. So far so good. But yesterday I
couldn't reproduce it straightaway either.

I'll continue to do the same things I did yesterday
before kswapd started to spin.

Regards,
Terje