Re: Please open sysfs symbols to proprietary modules

From: Ben Greear
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 16:03:55 EST

Pavel Roskin wrote:

All I want to do is to have a module that would create subdirectories for some network interfaces under /sys/class/net/*/, which would contain additional parameters for those interfaces. I'm not creating a new subsystem or anything like that. sysctl is not good because the data is interface specific. ioctl on a socket would be OK, although it wouldn't be easily scriptable. The restriction on sysfs symbols would just force me to write a proprietary userspace utility to set those parameters instead of using a shell script.

How about /proc/net/pavelStuff

Still scriptable, and does not require GPL symbols....

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>