Re: Touchpad problems with 2.6.11-rc2

From: Giuseppe Bilotta
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 06:39:31 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> No I don't but by the looks of it (constant stream of bad data) it looks
> like somehow the touhcpad was reset back into PS/2 compatibility mode.
> resetafter would catch it and reinitialize touchpad restoring proper
> protocol.

My Dell Inspiron 8200 shows very sluggish keyboad AND Touchpad
responsiveness *under Windows* after plugging (and subsequently
unplugging) an external PS/2 device (mouse OR keyboard) (I have
never tried this under Linux though), so it might be a hardware
issue.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Can't you see