cpufreq problem wrt suspend/resume on Athlon64

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 08:30:23 EST

Hi,

I have noticed that the condition (cur_freq != cpu_policy->cur), which is
unlikely() according to cpufreq.c:cpufreq_resume(), occurs on every resume
on my box (Athlon64-based Asus). Every time the box resumes, I get a message
like that:

Warning: CPU frequency out of sync: cpufreq and timing core thinks of 1600000, is 1800000 kHz.

(the numbers vary: there may be 800000 vs 1600000 or even 800000 vs 1800000).

Also, when the box is suspended on AC power and resumed on batteries, it often
reboots.

Please let me know if there's anything (relatively simple :-)) that I can do
about it.

Greets,
Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.