Re: Really annoying bug in the mouse driver

From: Victor Hahn
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 01:09:58 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

Any luck with the patch?

I'm using 2.6.11rc2 with the patch for some hours now and it seems as if it doesn't throw away bytes any more which makes linux 2.6 useable for me again - thanks a lot! I just encountered one smaller issue (this really is much better than before): The mouse just "jumped" once and then got back to normal immediately. This gives me the following message in /var/log/messages:

kernel: psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity

Any idea about this?

Regards,
Victor