Cyclades to support Suspend2 and Power Management development

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 21:29:44 EST

Hi everyone.

I'm pleased to announce that my new employer, Cyclades Corporation
(http://www.cyclades.com) has agreed to allow me to spend a significant
part of my paid hours each week working on issues related to the
Suspend2 patches and Power Management in general (in addition to my own
time spent on these projects).

Cyclades has been associated with Linux and Open Source since 1991.
We make Linux based embedded solutions for Out-Of-Band Management
(Console Servers, KVM, Power Management, OOB Management Consolidation
including IPMI) that help more than 8000 customers worldwide maximise
uptime and reduce business risk and operational costs at data centres
and branch offices.

For Suspend2 in particular, the development should result in greater
responsiveness in dealing with issues, a quicker resolution to the long
awaited effort at merging the patches into the mainline kernel, and a
widening of the focus beyond the desktop. For Power Management in
general, it allows a widening of my focus beyond Suspend2 to issues like
runtime power management.

Nigel Cunningham
--
Nigel Cunningham
Software Engineer, Canberra, Australia

Ph: +61 (2) 6292 8028 Mob: +61 (417) 100 574