Kernel 2.4.21 hangs up

From: baswaraj kasture
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 03:21:52 EST

Hi,

I compiled kernel 2.4.21 with intel compiler .
While booting it hangs-up . further i found that it
hangsup due to call to "calibrate_delay" routine in
"init/main.c". Also found that loop in the
callibrate_delay" routine goes infinite.When i comment
out the call to "callibrate_delay" routine, it works
fine.Even compiling "init/main.c" with "-O0" works
fine. I am using IA-64 (Intel Itanium 2 ) with EL3.0.

Any pointers will be great help.

Thanks,
-Baswaraj