Re: IPMI smbus and Intel 6300ESB Watchdog drivers

From: Bukie Mabayoje
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 17:17:05 EST

David Härdeman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (third question to LKML today =)
>
> I've recently bought an Intel SE7210TP1-E mainboard (specs here:
> http://www.intel.com/design/servers/boards/SE7210TP1-E/index.htm) and I
> now have most things working.
>
> There are however, two questionmarks left.
>
> 1) On the mainboard is a 6300ESB Watchdog Timer (pci id 8086:25ab), but
> there seems to be no driver available for it.

6300ESB is not a Watchdog Timer. It is an I/O Controller hub that includes a watch dog timer.

> Does anyone know if there
> is any such driver in progress or if I've misunderstood the situation?

If you tell me why you are interested in the WDT, then maybe I will be able answer your question.

> 2) IPMI, Documentation/IPMI.txt mentions a ipmi_smb driver, but I could
> find no such driver in the 2.6.10 tree. Am I missing something?

Do you get the ISM package that shipped with the board? The ISM software stack in not part of the kernel. The IPMI stuff is part of Server Management.