Re: usb key oddities with 2.6.10-ac9

From: Jack Howarth
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 11:56:57 EST

Sami,
I don't believe that additional change to initscripts could be
the cause because Fedora Core 2 doesn't support udev. Only Fedora
Core 3 implements that feature and there are reports of the same
problem occuring under it with 6.5.10.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-users&m=110564343717762&w=2

I did notice that FC3 seems to be using initscripts-7.93.5 which
still uses hotplug instead of udevsend. However it seems odd that
both forms (dev and udev) seemed to have gotten broken in the same
way. I assume one can't use udevsend if the kernel isn't using udev
right?
Jack