Re: yenta_socket rapid fires interrupts

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 09:15:05 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

What I don't see is why the port changes state, then. Since the yenta driver doesn't care for the interrupt anyway, it shouldn't be touching the hardware, and if it doesn't touch the hardware, then the pcmcia thing should eventually just calm down, even if it were to de-bounce a few times.

The above is what you'd likely see if somebody was forcing a reset on the
card or a card voltage re-interrogation all the time, which I don't see
why it would happen.

i have a "feeling" that a weak power supply or a little bit too high current draw from the card may cause something like this. But this is just what i wrote: a feeling from my stomach ;-)

Stefan