Re: exporting /proc entry for module

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 00:03:00 EST

selvakumar nagendran wrote:
--- Chris Friesen <cfriesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To fix this in the future, export a /proc entry that
when written to causes your module to properly clean everything up
and prevent anyone from getting new accesses. This then allows you to
remove the module cleanly. Note that it may not be possible to
cleanly deregister, depending on what your module is doing.

How can I export a /proc entry for my module?

You can study the valuable documents at
http://kernelnewbies.org/documents/

or google for other procfs example source code,
which should find several examples for you,
such as http://www.xenotime.net/linux/procfs_ex/

--
~Randy