Re: 2.6.10 - VFS is out of sync with lock manager!

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 12:02:50 EST

on den 12.01.2005 Klokka 16:23 (+0100) skreiv Anders Saaby:

> First issue:
> New strange message in the kernel log:
>
> "nlmclnt_lock: VFS is out of sync with lock manager!"
>
> - What does this mean? - Is it bad?, What can i do?

It means that the VFS failed to register the lock that was just granted
to you because of a combination of an RPC race (the reply telling you
the lock was granted arrived before the previous lock holder has been
notified that his lock was freed), and the user pressing ^C at the wrong
moment.

You may have an "orphaned lock" on the server.

> Second issue:
> my fs/nfs/file.c doesn't look like yours (Vanilla 2.6.10):

<shrug>My fs/nfs/file.c looks very much like the one in vanilla
2.6.11-rc1. See Linus' changelog for what may be missing.</shrug>

Cheers,
Trond
--
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx>