Re: software suspend patch [1/6]

From: hugang
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 21:18:32 EST

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:43:25PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Do you have any updates? It would be nice to separate non-continuous
> pagedir from speeding up check_pagedir?
>
> ...plus check_pagedir should really use PageNosaveFree flag instead of
> allocating there own (big!) bitmaps. It should also make the code
> simpler...
> Pavel

I'm very happy with current swsusp, that's stable for me.
2.6.10-mm1 + ppc patch from
http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/kernel/
+ your free some memory patch

I using it for a week, never failed, never oops. :)

The only problem is relocating a little slowly.

Now I don't think non-continuous pagedir is really need. Anyway I'll
prepare a patch to make swsusp using non-continuous pagedir.

any comments.

--
Hu Gang .-.
/v\