Re: 2.6.10-mm2: swsusp regression [update]

From: Barry K. Nathan
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 12:24:49 EST

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 04:10:57PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> If I comment out only the modification of jiffies in timer_resume() in
> arch/x86_64/kernel/time.c (ie line 986), everything seems to work, but I get
> "APIC error on CPU0: 00(00)" after device_power_up(), which seems strange to
> me, because I boot with "noapic". On the other hand, if it's not commented

Actually, I saw this APIC error too (on i386, with "noapic"), but I
ignored it because, aside from that message, all of my interrupt
problems were gone and I had fully working swsusp for the first time in
recorded history.

I should see what happens if I recompile with APIC support. Hopefully
I'll be able to get to that today.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn@xxxxxxxxx>