Re: kobject_uevent

From: Ikke
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 16:40:52 EST

I've been working a bit on the kobject_uevent stuff, and got a
prototype system working (well, almost) which takes kernel's uevents,
and sends them to the DBUS system bus so other software can (ab)use
them.
I'll add more uevents later, once I understand the system completely.
I'm a little confused by the use of KOBJ_* stuff in
include/linux/kobject_uevent.h and the string representation of them
in lib/kobject_uevent.c, which means people must edit 2 files if they
want to add new events?

More information on my little work here [1]

Regards, Ikke

[1] http://blog.eikke.com/index.php/ikke/2005/01/07/kernel_events_to_dbus