where to put kernel code to run on exec?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 10:53:53 EST

I've added a field to the task struct to keep track of whether or not the process wants to be notified of various events. On exec() I'd like to clear this field.

I'm having problems finding a nice clean place to put the code to clear it. The obvious choice would be in the last bit of the success path in do_execve(), but there's nothing similar there already, so I'm probably missing something.

Is there some standard place to put code to run on a successful call to exec()?

Chris

Chris