Re: page migration patchset

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 18:18:49 EST

William Lee Irwin III <wli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is a relatively consistent pattern of my being steamrolled over
> I'm rather sick of.

That's news to me.

I do recall some months ago that there were a whole bunch of patches doing
a whole bunch of stuff and I was concerned that there was an absence of a
central coordinating role. But then everything went quiet.

If you have time/inclination to marshall the hugetlb efforts then for
heavens sake, send in a MAINTAINERS record and let's roll the sleeves up.

> and I've apparently
> already been circumvented by pushing the things to distros anyway.

aaargh. A pox upon the people who did that. Well if they find their
upstream later breaks things then tough luck.

Look. All interested parties should subscribe to linux-mm
(majordomo@xxxxxxxxx). Let's get all the patches on the table there and
work through them, asap. We know how do this.