Swapoff inifinite loops on 2.6.10-bk (was: .6.10-bk8 swapoff afterresume)

From: Martin Josefsson
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 16:24:06 EST

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 14:47 +0100, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> Hello,

Hi

> I've tried 2.6.10-bk8 suspend/resume. After resume I usually do swapoff -a to
> load all the pages from swap to memory. Unfortunately with the latest version
> swapoff does not work. It seems to cycle in an endless loop reading data from
> disk.

I second that, after resume my machine does exactly the same.
It swaps in most of the data, but it leaves ~1700kB on the swapdevice
that it doesn't manage to swap in, and apparently reads this over and
over again.

But it probably doesn't have anything to do with swsusp, I can reproduce
it without ever having suspended, just fill up the memory so the machine
swaps and then the same thing happens.

Apparently kernels from -bk in late december works fine, so it's a
recent introduction.
Needs investigating.

--
/Martin