RE: [BUG][2.6.8.1] serial driver hangs SMP kernel, but not the UP kernel

From: Tim_T_Murphy
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 10:01:59 EST

sorry for the huge delay since my last post on this, but disabling
low_latency is resulting in dropped characters.

this looks to be exactly what was reported in
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0212.0/0412.html

anything i can do to avoid dropping characters without using
low_latency, which still hangs SMP kernels?
thanks,
tim