Re: 2.6.10: "[permanent]" modules?

From: linux-os
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 07:49:26 EST

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:11:10AM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:

Hi folks,

Seems that for 2.6.10 I cannot unload ide modules.
'lsmod | grep permanent" lists

Is this on purpose?

Yes.

Can you explain? Normally if a module is no longer in use, it
can be unloaded. I'm sure that there are number of folks
who would like to know how come it's now necessary to reboot
to get rid of some module no longer in use.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.10 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.