Re: Real-time rw-locks (Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm3-V0.7.32-15)

From: Andrew McGregor
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 19:12:22 EST

On 28/12/2004, at 10:06 AM, Bill Huey (hui) wrote:

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 11:39:20AM -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
Actually, I've had some success with NVIDIA on all my kernels (except of

Doesn't the NVidia driver use their own version of DRM/DRI ?
If so, then did you tell it to use the Linux kernel versions of that
driver ?

course the realtime ones). Unfortunately, there are the little crashes
here and there, but those usually happen with screen savers so I don't

I was just having a discussion about this last night with a friend
of mine and I'm going to pose this question to you and others.

Is a real-time enabled kernel still relevant for high performance
video even with GPUs being as fast as they are these days ?

It is if you want to do any audio at the same time, as you usually do.

Andrew