Re: Very high load on P4 machines with 2.4.28

From: Marek Habersack
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 18:58:13 EST

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:05:21PM +0100, Willy Tarreau scribbled:
> Oh, while I'm at it, are you using hyperthreading, and if so, could you
yes, as I wrote in the mail I've just sent - on one box which does NOT
exhibit the problem... :)

> disable it ? I have seen many cases where it degrades performances
> significantly (eg: highly loaded user space network applications).
We saw it in two cases as well, that's why in general we don't run with HT
enabled (although we do test the boxes with it and if it behaves, we leave
it on).

best regards,

marek