Re: [patch 6/6] delete unused file

From: Matt Mackall
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 16:08:25 EST

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 05:13:00PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sul, 2004-12-26 at 15:33, domen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Remove nowhere referenced file. (egrep "filename\." didn't find anything)
>
> This file is there for a reason - it completes the set of endian types
> should anyone port to a mixed endian system.

Please name one such box that doesn't support a more sensible order
and is vaguely Linux-capable. The PDP-11 does not qualify, as it's
only 16-bit and could be made to DTRT for 32-bit values in the
compiler if you were going to go to the trouble of making "int" and
"void *" 32 bits on a 16-bit arch and then trying to fit the
resulting bloated code in the 4MB the later PDP-11s supported.

This file is silly.