Re: 2.6.10 resuming laptop from suspension f*cks usb subsystem

From: Miguelanxo Otero Salgueiro
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 08:30:31 EST

In 2.6.10, resuming from suspend mode just (randomly) crashes the USB subsystem, and I get the same messages (not sure about the whole message but the "-84" part really is there) over and over again until I reboot.

Does it still happen with noapic? 2.6.10 has some interrupt related
problems with APIC...

Pavel

I have just rebooted 2.6.10 with this LILO command line

LILO Boot: Linux-2.6.10 noapic

and if that disables APIC, then I've got the same problem. After suspending the laptop
two times, I get the same lines (described below) and the usb system goes nuts. After
removing & inserting uhci_hcd everything works fine again.

The lines are (endless loop):
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received