Re: starting with 2.7

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 13:21:30 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:

> My personal impression was that even the 2.6.0-test kernels were much
> better than the 2.4.0-test kernels.
>
> But 2.6.20 will most likely still have the stability of the early
> 2.6 kernels instead of a greatly increased stability as observed in
> 2.2.20 and 2.4.20 .

In my experiences, 2.6.8 and above have been quite unstable for me. I was
able to crash 2.6.8.1 as a normal user over nfs (I thought that was fixed?)

2.6.9 gave me problems with USB and random lockups. 2.6.7 has been fairly
stable for me, but I honestly do not see 2.6 as a stable kernel. From my
past experiences, 2.4.x (low numbered) was just as stable as 2.6 has been or
more so.