Re: Linux 2.6.10-ac1

From: Michal Schmidt
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 15:44:25 EST

Rogério Brito wrote:
I have an Asus A7V motherboard with chipset VIA KT133 and it has 2 VIA IDE
(vt82c686a) controllers and 2 Promise PDC20265 controllers.

I used to have the same MB.

I'm seeing an strange behaviour. Until yesterday I had a DVD reader (hdc)
and an HP CD-Writer 9100 (hdd) both on the same VIA ide controller (ide1 in
my system).

Unfortunately, with this setup, I could not burn a CD and read a CD-ROM of
archived files at the same time.

I think that's normal.

As it was a nuisance, I decided to put the
CD-Writer on the Promise controller, which is an UDMA100 controller and,
thus, I thought things would only get better.

I remember reading somewhere that one should not connect ATAPI devices to the Promise controller.

Michal