Re: 2.6.x BUGs at boot time (APIC related)

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 11:23:43 EST

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 05:11:39PM +0100, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
> The early return just hides the real bug, whatever it is.
> I'm suspecting some bogosity with boot_cpu_physical_apicid,
> or possibly smp_found_config. Please remove the early return
> and try the patch below instead.

Dropping the early return means nolapic is not honored in this
codepath. I realize it doesn't have much impact on the bug that
happens while nolapic is not passed. Thanks for fixing that.

Also, it should probably not have to clear X86_FEATURE_APIC from
boot_cpu_data.x86_capability, because lapic_disable() already did
so. Tracking down where that is being set (if it indeed is) when
enable_local_apic < 0 may be useful.

-- wli