pc stalling when processing large files [2.6.9]

From: Folkert van Heusden
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 06:10:31 EST

Hi,

I have a P-III with 384MB of ram running kernel 2.6.9. It has one IDE disk.
When processing a large mailbox with sa-learn (the bayes learn tool of
spamassassin), the system gets very unresponsive. Like: when typing commands
on it via ssh, the system doesn't respond several times for seconds (1 or 2
maybe 3). Then when I continue to type, it gets a little better but when
idling for say 10 seconds it gets unresponsive again. The large mailbox is
aprox 200MB.
My .config can be found at: http://keetweej.vanheusden.com/~folkert/config

Folkert van Heusden

Op zoek naar een IT of Finance baan? Mail me voor de mogelijkheden!