Radeonfb driver ignores video= when panel detected

From: Erich Schubert
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 21:23:50 EST

Hi,
both radeon drivers will ignore the command line options "video=" when
they detect a TFT panel. They will always use 8 bit color depth then.

I have a Thinkpad A31p with Radeon Mobility graphics.
Since I'd like to try out bootsplash/gensplash I'd like to run 16 bit
color depth. I needed to change this in the kernel
(in drivers/video/radeonfb.c: radeon_update_default_var(),
drivers/video/aty/radeon_monitor.c: struct ... radeonfb_default_var)
because the video= command line option that works fine on other boxes
with radeons I have doesn't work.

Did I miss some other option?

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org) -- GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C (o_
Go away or i'll replace you with a very small shell script. //\