Re: [2.6 patch] ieee1394_core.c: remove unneeded EXPORT_SYMBOL's

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 10:15:52 EST

On Maw, 2004-12-21 at 22:19, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > Yeah but I hope you can understand why someone would be hesitant to
> > submit a broken driver. It just makes the author look bad. I would not
> > feel right submitting something that didn't work.
>
> That's what CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL is for....

If the symbols are not there then this doesn't help vendors wanting to
produce GPL drivers because people have to rebuild entire kernels not
just add a driver.

You are also ignoring the cultural issues and personal preferences that
lead some users not to submit code until it passes some quality level.
This is common in both businesses and individuals and you see it
regularly.

Alan