Re: PROBLEM: Network hang: "eth0: Tx timed out (f0080), is buffer full?"

From: Jon Mason
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 09:56:11 EST

Richard,
Yes, I need the tx timeout lines. Those tell me if the patch was
successfull in solving the interrupt enablement issue. From your
statement below, it appears that it was either unsucessful (and you
didn't wait long enough for it to timeout) or the root problem lies
somewhere else.

Please give it a good 20 minutes (if you can get away with it being
down for that long) to timeout, as it has been taking 5-10 minutes in
your previous errors. There is no set timeframe for it to timeout.
It will only timeout after netif_stop_queue has true for a minute. if
this never happens, then it leads me to believe that the adapter is
still functioning. I know you can't log in to the system because of
the nfs mounts, but can you see if the system is pingable before you
reboot it?

Thanks,
Jon