RE: 2.6.10-rc3: kswapd eats CPU on start of memory-eating task

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 09:25:24 EST

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Zou, Nanhai wrote:

That's Marcelo's vm-pageout-throttling.patch, which is one
of the essential ingredients in avoiding false OOM kills.

I'm waiting on some test results for another two patches
that I suspect are also needed ...

Seems that vmscan-ignore-swap-token-when-in-trouble.patch +
vm-pageout-throttling.patch dose not fix the problem,
I ran stress test for 2.6.9 + these 2 patches.
OOM killer was still triggered.

You need the oneline patch that Andrew Morton posted two
days ago: