Re: Linux 2.6.9 and the GPL Buyout

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 17:20:22 EST

> I'm wondering why you didn't submit this explanation at the very begining.
> Not that it changes my personal position that my own contributions are GPL
> and nothing else, but it might have resulted in different responses to
> your original mail if people had known the full story.
>
> --
> Jesper Juhl

I was not able to because the Cherokee Nation had not fully completed
the planning stages and I did not have authority form our leaders to
discuss this until it reached this stage. Whether you or anyone stays
with the GPL or not does not lessen your ability to contribute
to our efforts. I would invite you and anyone else who wishes to
help us define a body of laws to promote open source and you are always
free to participate with us.

Jeff