Re: Linux 2.6.9-ac16

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 12:29:18 EST

Chuck Ebbert wrote:

Nobody has found an answer for the freezes, which persist even in the latest
2.6.10-rc but there's a vm_writeout throttling patch in -ac that I haven't tried.

Heh. Figures. Those freezes are what bothers me most, since I've already got a patch that protects critical processes from being OOM-killed as long as they're sane.

I just want an OOM-killer that is FAST and doesn't lock up the machine. I don't really care what it kills, since it won't be *able* to kill anything really critical.

Chris