problem in installing snull.o

From: linux lover
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 04:22:23 EST

Hi all,
I downloaded ldd examples from internet. I
want to run snull.c module on kernel 2.4.20-8 with
redhat 9 . so i compiled it successfully and try to
use it with following file snull_load script

#!/bin/sh

export PATH=/sbin:/bin

# Use a pathname, as new modutils don't look in the
current dir by default
insmod ./snull.o $*
ifconfig sn0 192.168.0.1
ifconfig sn1 192.168.1.2

where i set my eth0 as local0 as 192.168.0.1 and
eth1 as local1 as 192.168.1.2

then when i try to load it by giving command
./snull_load i got following errors
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
sn0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
sn1: unknown interface: No such device

what am i missing in setting snull device driver?

i am compiling snull.c with following command
gcc -c snull.c -I /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/include/

PS. I am here attaching snull files as snull.tar.gz

regards,
linux_lover