Removing i_sock

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 01:58:53 EST

The i_sock member of struct inode is redundant with S_ISSOCK(i_mode).
Here's a series of 6 patches to remove it:

http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/willy/patches/i_sock/

I'm sending them to their respective maintainers now, and I'll submit
a series after 2.6.10 is out.

Removing i_sock from struct inode actually doesn't reduce the size of
struct inode -- it fits into a gap between two other members. But it may
help someone else put struct inode on a diet, and it reduces confusion.