Re: ip=dhcp problem...

From: Andreas Unterkircher
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 05:57:22 EST

I don't think that the kernel take care about the nameservers during bootup.

On my debian system resolving is only working, after init takes control
over the system and the network scripts running the dhclient-script
which also sends an dhcp-request - and finally get the same ip - and
adds the nameservers into the resolv.conf.

regards,

Andreas

Charles-Henri Collin wrote:

Hi,

I've got the following problem with linux 2.6.8.1:
I'm nfs-rooting a diskless client with kernel parameter ip=dhcp.
My dhcpd.conf has a "option domain-name-servers X.X.X.X;" statement and "get-lease-hostnames true;"
Now when the diskless clients boot, no name-server configured and they cant resolv.
dmesg gives me, for instance:

IP Config: Complete:
device=eth0, addr=192.168.0.237, mask=255.255.255.0, gw=192.168.0.1,
host=clientFSB-237.fsb.net, domain=fsb.net, nis-domain=FSBnis,
boot-server=192.168.0.254, rootserver=92.168.0.254, rootpath=

So as you can see, everything is almost set up, except a nameserver!
Has anyone heard about that problem before? Are there any fixes?

regards,
C COLLIN