RE: zero copy issue while receiving the data (counter part of sendfil e)

From: Rajat Jain, Noida
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 11:30:31 EST

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I am developing a loadable kernel module. I agree that at the bare
minimum, I need to copy from the NIC's device buffer to kernel's allocated
sk_buff (socket buffer). What I want is to avoid FURTHER coying of data from
the sk_buffs to the buffers allocated by the module.

And hence I expected to pass the address of a buffer pointer to
tcp_read_sock(). And I expected this function to set it to socket buffer.
Any pointers on the functionality of tcp_read_sock()??

Rajat