Re: [RFC][example patch inside] return statement cleanups, get ridof unnecessary parentheses

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 15:33:03 EST

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, linux-os wrote:

> I agree except for the rare case where one returns the result
> of a complex sequence like:
>
> return -b + sqrt(-b*4.0*a*c)/2.0*a;
>
> This should remain:
>
> return (-b + sqrt(-b*4.0*a*c)/2.0*a);

I agree completely, for complex returns the parentheses should remain. In
most cases it's pretty obvious that they should just go away, in the few
cases where I'm in doubt or when the expression is clearly complex
enough to warrent them for readabillity, I'll leave them.

That's two people agreeing (I got one reply off list that's in agreement
as well), a few more and I'll go into patch-mania mode ;)
Thank you for commenting.

--
Jesper Juhl