Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc3-mm1-V0.7.33-0

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 11:42:59 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 15 December 2004 10:24, K.R. Foley wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

Did you see my comment about the later versions seeming to slow
seti a wee bit? Other than that, I'm in love with this, the
whole system just plain feels better. The only thing on my wish
list right now is to be able to shut tvtime up, it grows the
system log about a megabyte a minute with its missed read reports.
Or is it tvtime that needs help?

Are you referring to the "Read missed before next interrupt"
messages? If so, you can disable this by disabling the rtc
histogram under: Device Drivers --> Character devices --> Real Time
Clock Histogram Support.

Ok, thats building now. Silly Q: Can that be turned back on with a
setting in /proc or /sys?

Not currently.

kr