Re: dynamic-hz

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 17:53:17 EST

Lee Revell writes:

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 10:36 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
The performance benefit, if any, is often lost in noise during benchmarks and when there, is less than 1%.

I have measured 2.1-2.3% residency for the timer ISR on my 600Mhz VIA
C3. And this is a desktop - you have many many embedded systems that
are slower. For these systems the difference is very real.

Could you explain residency and it's relevance to throughput please? I've not heard this term before.

Cheers,
Con