how to add 32/64 compatible ioctls at runtime via module?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 11:41:13 EST

I'm working on a driver for 2.6.

I'd like to be able to load the driver as a module, and have it register for various ioctl() calls on a device node (which can be dynamic, so no problem there).

I'm not sure how to go about registering at runtime for 32/64 bit compatibility so that I can load a module into a ppc64 kernel, and have 32-bit userspace code call those ioctls.

Can anyone give some pointers, or direct me to existing code?

Thanks,

Chris