RE: Unknown Issue.

From: Piszcz, Justin Michael
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 15:54:15 EST

> Ok, so XVM has found something wrong at this point. Any chance the
box
> had a power failure? Write caches on ide drives can wreak havoc with
> journaling filesystems... i.e. what happened between "the filesystem
> was working" and "i remounted the filesystem and got this"

For main system: To make a long story short, I was attempting to hook up
a cd burner and dvd reader to SATA via SATA<->PATA adapters and enable
SATA in the kernel for the Intel ICH5 chipset and I was trying different
drivers/options in an attempt to get them to work. However, please note
during the entire time, the disk that suffered FS corruption was always
hooked to a Ultra ATA/133 Promise Controller. I believe I had a kernel
panic once and at another time during either loading SATA drivers or IDE
drivers I had a lockup somewhere along the lines and I rebooted
improperly.

For Dell GX1 system: No, all I did was upgrade the kernel [2.6.9 ->
2.6.10-rc2] and reboot, no power outages or crashes at all. After about
an hour or so, I began to experience these problems.