Re: [ANNOUNCE] udev 047 release [u]

From: Martin Schlemmer [c]
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 11:45:35 EST

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 10:58 -0800, Greg KH wrote:

> Lots of changes here in this release, see the full changelog below.
> Highlights are:
> - massive change with the way udevd can now work. See
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hotplug.devel/6173 for
> more details on this (Kay's changes are now part of udev
> proper, you don't have to apply anything for this to work,
> just follow the directions in
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hotplug.devel/6192
> to enable this mode.)

Any suggestions to determining the version of the installed udev?
This is now during startup, to see if we can make use of using
udevsend as hotplug agent. If the system was up, udevinfo could
be used, but that is in /usr/bin that might be on a seperate /usr.
I know we might move udevinfo to /bin, but that might be an issue
for some, and adding a -V switch to /sbin/udev might be a better
choice if you do not have have any nit's against it ....

Thanks,

--
Martin Schlemmer