Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm3-V0.7.32-12

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 07:32:13 EST

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 23:37 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Can't wait to try the patch, I don't have CONFI_PCI_MSI defined in the
> configurations I use. I've had problems with a network card (R8169
> driver) for a while (I think I reported it), the interrupts were being
> ignored. Hopefully the same problem...

Hi Fernando,

You may have the same problem but the patch I sent won't solve it. My
patch only is a problem if you have CONFIG_PCI_MSI defined. But I'm sure
there exists other instances that threading hardirqs might not work
properly with other configurations. Send me your .config, and if I get
time I'll take a look. (also your /proc/cpuinfo might help).

Before you send this, make sure that it is the hardirqs that's the
problem. Switch to PREEMPT_DESKTOP and make sure hardirqs are not
threaded. If the problem goes away, then this may be your problem. If
it does not, I'm afraid that it's something else, and you don't need to
send me anything.

-- Steve