Re: [Patch]Memory leak in sysfs

From: Adam J. Richter
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 10:21:05 EST

Greg KH wrote:
>And, do you have a pointer to your stress tests? I'd love to add stuff
>like this to an automated testing framework (I know OSDL has one, and
>IBM has one internally.)

This is just something that Maneesh had suggested. My
script runs the commands in separate xterms just so the output
is clearer.
__ ______________
Adam J. Richter \ /
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | g g d r a s i l

#!/bin/sh

mount -t sysfs x /sys

xterm -geometry 80x10 -title 'cat /sys/class/net/...' \
-e 'sleep 1 ; while true ; do find /sys/class/net -type f | xargs cat ; done' &

xterm -geometry 80x10 -title '{modprobe,rmmod} dummy' \
-e 'sleep 1 ; while true ; do modprobe dummy ; rmmod dummy ; done' &

xterm -geometry 80x10 -title 'ls -lR /sys' \
-e 'sleep 1 ; while true ; do ls -lR /sys ; done' &

wait