Sil3112 and Seagate ST3160023AS

From: Julien Langer
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 10:09:25 EST

Hi,

I know, Sil SATA controllers and Seagate disks are a bad combination.
However my Seagate drive worked flawlessly for about half a year and
hdparm -t tells my, it's working with approx. 50 mb/s.

I just switched from 2.6.7 to 2.6.10RC3 yesterday and noticed that my
drive now only works with 15 mb/s. Also I get a new message "applying
pessimistic Seagate errata fix" when booting, which wasn't there with
2.6.7.

Is there a way to disable this fix, which slows down my drive, since it
worked fine for a long time without this fix on older kernel versions?
I'm using the deprecated ide driver for the sil controller, not libata.

Thanks in advance,
Julien Langer

PS: Please CC me, I'm not on the list